The School of Discipleship exists to make disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ by means of biblical instruction and hands-on training in practical ministry through the development of interpersonal, one-on-one relationships for the glory of God and the advancement of his kingdom.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Scriptures, contained in the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired word of God, without error in the original writings, our ultimate rule for faith, hope, and conduct.
- We believe in one God, infinite in perfection, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe God created the heavens and the earth in six literal 24-hour days and now actively sustains his creation by the word of His power.
- We believe man was created by God in His own image, but fell into sin. Therefore, all humanity is dead in sin and abides under the just wrath of God, and only by repentance and faith in Jesus Christ by the regeneration of the Holy Spirit can men be redeemed and brought back into a right relationship with God.
- We believe Jesus Christ, the eternal and divine Son of God, took on human nature, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and henceforth exists in two natures, fully God and fully man.
- We believe Jesus Christ lived a perfect life and died in our place and for our salvation, was buried, and physically rose to life again three days later according to the Scriptures. Only by faith in His perfect work of redemption can any man be born again to new life and the hope of resurrection from the dead.
- We believe the church is composed of all those who by faith in Christ and the regeneration of the Holy Spirit are knit together in one body, of whom Jesus Christ is the Head.
- We believe Jesus Christ, after His resurrection and ascension into heaven, gave gifts to the church to be used for His glory and kingdom, according to His will, until the consummation of all things.
- We believe the duty and joy of the believer in this present age is to walk in spiritual victory, fleeing from sin, temptation, and false doctrine by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the imminent and bodily return of Jesus Christ, the final defeat of sin, Satan, and death, and the resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous, the righteous to eternal peace and fellowship with God, and the unrighteous to conscious eternal torment and separation from God.
Goals at Large
The overall goal of the School of Discipleship is to develop Christlike character, integrity, and maturity in people through the gospel of Jesus Christ, and to prepare them for positions of responsible spiritual influence and leadership in light of the gospel message. At the same time, this program also provides practical training and experience in a variety of skill areas within a Christian camping ministry, specifically in the Horsemanship and Camp Programming areas. It is a very specialized program for individuals who desire to focus on developing effective Christian leadership and ministry skills in this area.